Royal Mail & Courier "Recommended" Last Posting Dates for 2020 Christmas Deliveries.
Questions / queries, please do not hesitate to contact us, we'll be happy to help. Please order as early as possible to avoid dissapointment, plus to help us give you the best possible service.
UK Inland Services
Friday December 18th - 2nd Class
Tuesday 22nd December - 1st Class & Next Day service
23rd December - Royal Mail whilst offering Special Next Day service, they will not Guarantee delivery on 24th
International HM Forces Mail - British Forces Post Office (BFPO)
Monday 30th November Operational BFPOs
Monday 7th December Static BFPOs
4 - Dec - Australia, New Zealand
9-Dec - Africa, Asia, Caribbean, Central &
South America, Far and Middle East
10-Dec - Canada, Cyprus, Malta
11-Dec - Greece, Turkey, Eastern Europe (except Czech Republic,
Poland & Slovakia)
12-Dec - Czech Republic, Finland, Italy, poland, Sweden, USA
16-Dec - Austria, Denmark, Germany, Iceland, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland
18 - Dec - Belgium, France, Ireland, Luxembourg
Note : these are the "Recommended Dates" supplied to troutcatchers by Royal Mail & Couriers. We recommend you order as soon as possible to reduce any risk with Covid delays, availability, weather, customs, postage industrial action, etc. We cannot be held responsible for any hold up outside our control. Thank you for your understanding.
Troutcatchers U.K. & Ireland Postal Rates
- Order total up to £5.00 = £1.99
- Order total up to £59.00 = £3.29
- Order total over £59 = FREE
Next Working Day Option (Mon - Fri) - Order by Midday for majority of UK Mainland (subject to availability) = from £9.99
Extra Covid-19 terms if choosing next working day option
- Service not available for items marked Central Warehouse
- Does not cover Extreme Scottish post codes, Ireland or N. Ireland.
- If ordered Friday, Monday delivery, no Saturday next day available.
Troutcatchers EU Postal Rates (excluding UK & Ireland)
- Order total to £20.00 = £4.95
- Order total to £100.00 = £9.95 (tracking)
- Order total to £400.00 = £19.50 (tracking)
- Order total to £750.00 = £29.50 (tracking)
- Orders over £750 = FREE
* Supplements - Note heavy items may have supplement charge. See below for details.
Troutcatchers International Postal Rates (outside the EU)
- Order total to £20.00 = £5.95 (£7.14 including VAT)
- Order total to £100.00 = £9.95 (tracking) (£11.94 including VAT)
- Order total to £200.00 = £19.95 (tracking) (£23.94 including VAT)
- Over £200 = £29.95 (tracking) (£35.94 including VAT)
VAT removed at checkout
* Supplements - Note heavy items may have supplement charge. See below for details.
Troutcatchers Shipping Information
- Troutcatchers endeavour to ship 'In Stock' orders by the following working day (working day Monday to Friday). Please note - exceptionally busy times, e.g. Spring, Christmas, Bank Holidays, first day after weekend, there could be a delay with dispatch dependant on volume of orders.
- You will receive an email confirming when your order is physically dispatched.
- Troutcatchers stock the majority of listed items for immediate dispatch, however Special items will be ordered upon payment, these items are marked.
- If you require more items than we physically have available, we can normally replenish up to 5 working days from your order confirmation (UK suppliers), please contact us with your requirements.
- If it is critical that you require item(s) by a certain date, please contact us so we can confirm availability and suggest postage options. Or 0845 1990238 (Mon-Fri 9am-4pm GMT)
- Delivery times vary depending on where the goods are being sent to and the type of service that has been selected, we cannot guarantee delivery times unless this option is available and purchased. However as a rough guide for Standard Post, from dispatch (not when ordered); UK 1 - 3 working days ; EU 4 - 7 working days; Rest of World 5 - 14 working days (working day Monday - Friday) - Please note when there are adverse weather conditions these could be affected. Also overseas, Customs may delay delivery.
- Force Majeure. Troutcatchers will not be liable for performance delays nor for non-performance due to causes beyond its reasonable control.
- Guaranteed Next Day - Order by Midday for next day service / After Midday we will dispatch ASAP however order may arrive in two days. EG Order Tuesday before Midday (GMT) delivery Wednesday. Order Tuesday after Midday, delivery Thursday. (Subject to stocking)
Troutcatchers Fair Postage Policy
It is always a challenge balancing post costs, we try to make it as fair as possible, without making a profit (nor a loss!) There are two thoughts, we could decrease postage cost & increase product prices. Or we can make all our items as competitive as possible & charge a fair post rate - After feedback from customers it is overwelming you prefer the latter.
Having +10,000 items, and an almost infinate possible weight / pack size we take the average order and have come up with the following scale (for UK, pro-rater for overseas):-
- Order total up to £5.00 = £1.69 the vast majority of orders at this price are Royal Mail large letter +100 gram (Royal Mail charge £1.30) plus packaging, insurance and bank charges.
- Order total up to £59.00 = £3.29 majority of orders at this price are Royal Mail parcel up to 1kg (Royal Mail charge £3.40) or over 2kg, Courier (circa £9.00). We subsidise this price. Unfortunately it only takes a spool of thread to make a packet due to RMs size restrictions.
- Order total over £59 = FREE - We have a lot of customers take advantage of this deal.
Hope this makes sense, however if you feel you are being charged unfairly, please contact us with items you are looking for and your location and we can check it out for you. This needs to be done before ordering. Also, you can take advantage of our Price Guarantee on your items taking in to account the whole deal.
- The delivery method will be determined by Troutcatchers based on the value and size of the items ordered. For UK orders this will be Royal Mail first class (or courier equivalent if +2kg or pack+61cm on one length).
- UK small package less than £59, 1st class postage / courier equivalent with NO signature required on delivery.
- UK Packages over this amount may be sent via a special courier service / recorded delivery.
- Leave with a neighbour option. If you wish your item(s) to be left with a neighbour / left in a porch etc. Please leave clear instructions in your cart where it asks for any further shipping information. Please note this is at the purchasers own risk, Troutcatchers cannot be held responsible for missing products if using this service.
- Courier / Next Day deliveries will need a signiture upon delivery, so cannot be left in a safe place.
- Overseas Orders must be delivered to cardholders address.
Stocking & Backorders
- Troutcatchers do our best to maintain supplies at all times, inevitably there are delays with manufactured goods and shortages on some raw materials (particularly game and wildfowl feathers when out of season).
- We hold stock of majority of items, as soon as we go below a calculated amount, automatic re-ordering takes place with our suppliers, this should result in orders being delayed (if out of stock) no longer than 2-5 days (unless Special Orders, Overseas Stockist, Unusual Quantities) If there is a delay longer than 2 days we will send you a status update confirming approximately when we will dispatch. We may split order to speed up service at our cost (UK Only).
- If there are longer delays than these after ordering we will put your product onto backorder and attempt to contact you either by phone or email to see if you would like an alternative, leave on backorder, or refund.
- If it is critical that you require item(s) by a certain date, please contact us so we can confirm availability . Please contact us - Or 0845 1990238 (Mon-Fri 9am-4pm GMT)
- Your account will be debited at point of purchase.
- If paying via cheque / postal order. No product will be dispatched until clearance.
- If paying telephone payment will be taken at point of call unless advised.
* Note: Heavy or large items. Waders. Food Smokers. Float Tubes. Large Fly Tying Kits. Fly Rods etc. (Items over 2kg or longer on one side than 61cm) There may be a small supplement to postal charges listed above. These charges will be made clear as you go through the checkout process.
Overseas - Orders for heavy items delivered outside the U.K or extreme postal areas with-in UK & Ireland (Shetland etc.) we recommend before ordering that you contact us to confirm postal charges. We will contact customers before any dispatch to confirm supplement required. If after contact you wish to cancel order, but before dispatch, customer can cancel order and we will refund in full.
What's Troutcatcher Returns Policy?
We want you to buy with confidence any time you purchase products on the troutcatcher.co.uk website. If you wish to return any item to Troutcatchers, please email us for a return authorisation number. Please make sure following is complied with to make the process as efficient for you as possible.
- All returns must be completed with-in 28 days of receipt.
- If short / damaged delivery must be notified with-in 24 hours so we can claim against relevant courier
- To improve customer service it would be helpful to understand why you wish to return your item.
- All items must be returned as new and with all packaging / labels still attached.
- You are responsible for making sure the item(s) are returned, we recommend using either a recorded or tracking service.
- Troutcatchers will pay the cost of return delivery if due to a Troutcatcher / manufacturer error.
- Manufacturer / Troutcatcher defect / error. Whilst troutcatchers sympathise with any manufacturing defect, we will not enter into any claim for consequential loss as part of our warranty terms.
- Refunds processed to your original payment method, 2 to 3 business days after inspecting goods.
- Refund time does not include your bank's processing time.
- If you wish to exchange a product, a further postal charge will apply.
- Item must be free of any usage including clothing / footwear etc.
- If returning for a refund and free post was awarded at sale, a deduction of £8.00 (UK - Overseas at actual postage cost) will be taken from the refund to cover original post.
- Returns outside UK need to be marked “Goods Being Returned To Country Of Origin” this information needs to be entered onto any customs declaration required. Troutcatchers has the right to refuse any returned parcel that has attracted customs charges.
- Your rights to return goods are protected under the EU Distance Selling Directive which can be found at: http://www.legislation.gov.uk
FAULTY GOODS - If an item is found to be faulty or damaged, please notify us before returning so we can advise you further. Please contact us - 08451990238
In order to comply with health and safety regulations, any faulty items being returned for assessment must be in a clean and dry condition, free from mud and dirt etc. We regret we are unable to process items that do not meet this criteria and such items will be returned to you at your cost. In some cases manufacturer / supplier may need to see item(s) before repair / replacement can be agreed.
Note, Special Items, Ordered Incorrectly, Returned without Due Course; at the discretion of the company management, there may be a 10% re-stocking charge (plus any relevant delivery charges) (Items must be returned packaged and as new)
VAT - Tax Information
- Troutcatchers VAT Registered Number GB104057262
- All prices displayed are inclusive of UK VAT at 20% (Books are Zero Rated)
- All UK delivery destinations will be charged VAT
- Outside EU - Invoice will auto adjust to exclude VAT when you progress through the checkout process.
Dangerous Goods Overseas (Including Remote British Islands)
Troutcatchers adheres to the air transportation regulations outlined by the International Air Transportation (IATA) and to the road regulations outlined by the UN ADR and do not accept Dangerous Goods in its system. If you have any concerns or are unsure of anything that we have listed please do not hesitate to contact / email troutcatchers where we will be able to assist you further.
Prohibited Items that we list that may affect overseas delivery.
- Self-Inflating Life Jackets
Outside EU Zone - Feathers / Furs / Animal Skins.
- Troutcatchers are not responsible for any customs or territorial regulations within the buyer's country. The purchaser is fully responsible to ensure that goods, before purchase, are permitted. Different countries have different regulations, if in doubt please check.
- Troutcatchers cannot be liable for duties or losses, nor will any of our shipping companies if goods are confiscated by custom authorities due to local regulations and laws in the buyer's jurisdiction. (Especially relevant for products destined outside of the EU) If in doubt, please contact your local custom agency before purchasing.
- All overseas items will be shipped Standard International Packaging, unless previously advised.
- We cannot label items to overseas as gifts since this will breach Customs & Excise Law.
- Customs CU22 paperwork will be marked as 'Sporting Goods' unless value of order in excess of £270 or 2kg where CU23 paperwork must be completed with breakdown of goods supplied.
Full terms & conditions